Making Shakes or Smoothies with Wink is one of the best ways to sweeten and thicken up a smoothie without adding detrimental amounts of sugar. We do it here all the time.
It's even better when that smoothie is made with homemade almond milk. Contrary to popular belief, you do not obtain almond milk by pulling on the udders of almonds. Mrs. Wink adores homemade almond milk, and makes it at least once per week. It will last in the fridge for 4-5 days, and it's the perfect natural addition to anything you're whipping up in the kitchen. It's very easy to make, you just need the forethought of getting those nuts into a bowl of water the night before you're going to need that milk!
To make homemade almond milk, you'll need:
- 1 cup almonds, soaked at least 6 hours, preferably overnight
- 1 nut milk bag
Directions for homemade almond milk:
- Soak your almonds
- You don't have to include this step, but Mrs. Wink likes to remove the skin from her almonds while watching The Today Show in the morning. She finds it soothing.
- Rinse your almonds very, very well.
- Blend with two cups of water in a high-powered blender.
- Once they're pulverized (about 2-3 minutes of blending), strain through a nut-milk bag. Mrs. Wink also likes to do this while enjoying The Today Show.
- Store in your favorite glass car (make sure the jar is very clean).
To make a delicious Peanut Butter & Jelly Wink Shake, simply blend together these ingredients in the same blender you used to make that milk. You don't even need to clean it out between recipes - WIN!!
- 1 cup Almond Milk (store-bought works just as well as homemade)
- 3 scoops PB&J Wink
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup mixed berries
Serving size: 1 Shake
Calories - 336
Fat - 9.1g
Carbs - 59.5g
Fiber - 10.5g
Sugar - 7.5g
Protein - 7g