There are few things better than waking up lazily on Sunday morning and making some delicious waffles for yourself (and maybe even your family, if they're lucky ;) ). Forego traditional sugar and gluten-filled waffle mixes/recipes and try this one, which won't undo your past week full of workouts and clean eating. Enjoy!
Ingredients for TWO waffles:
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk (we used homemade almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 scoop protein powder (we used Pea Protein)
- 1 tablespoon raw hemp hearts
- sprinkle cinnamon
- sprinkle stevia (optional)
- 2 scoops of Cocoa-dough
- A pinch of dairy free chocolate chips to top it off
- Mash up banana in a mixing bowl.
- To the bowl, add ground chia seeds, milk, vanilla extract, protein powder, hemp hearts, and cinnamon.
- Pour mixture into waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer's directions.
- Top with a couple scoops of Cocoa-dough and some dairy-free chocolate chips
- Enjoy, preferably with a fluffy dog wandering around your feet
Per 1 Waffle
Calories - 182
Fat - 5.6g
Carbs - 15.2g
Fiber - 3.8g
Sugar - 1g
Protein - 17g