Healthy Banana Bread: A Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Clean Treat
"It's still January," says the brain. "I don't care what day it is, I want a treat!" says the stomach on the first lazy Sunday morning in January. So, what's the perfect compromise so that both parties feel satisfied and happy? Banana Bread!!! Not just any banana bread - healthy, delicious, dairy-free and gluten-free banana bread!
This banana bread is honestly to-die-for. Follow the recipe below and top off with Cinnamon Bun Wink for the ultimate way to kickstart a lazy Sunday!
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon melted, not hot, coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients except the walnuts
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas. Then, add in all the other wet ingredients. Mix well
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan. Add in the walnut pieces at the end.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Serve with a scoop of Cinnamon Bun Wink!
Serving Size - 1/8th of the loaf, plus 1 scoop Cinnamon Bun
Calories - 218
Fat - 11.1g
Carbs - 24.9g
Fiber - 4.6g
Sugar - 14.9g
Protein - 7.2g