Once upon a time, Ani was looking for a donut pan at her local store. She could not find one, but instead stumbled upon what can only be described as a "muffin top" pan. It's like a muffin pan, but much more shallow, and slightly odd. Baffled, she decided to use it anyway in her next recipe concoction.
We had zero idea what to call these things, so we just called them Mini Cakes. Because that's what they are. They are soft, chewy, subtle, and perfect when used to sandwich a scoop of Vanilla Bean Wink.
- 1.5 cups gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.33 + 1/4 cups almond milk (or your favorite non-dairy milk)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can chilled coconut cream
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar and baking powder + soda very well
- In a saucepan over low heat, warm up 1.33 cups of almond milk (so the coconut oil doesn't firm up on you)
- Once warm, add in the coconut oil and vanilla. Mix well
- Incorporate the wet ingredients into the dry, making sure to mix very very well
- Grease your cake/muffin/donut/whatever you'd like pan, and spoon in the dough. We had to spread it around the pan to make sure it would bake up evenly. Bake for 20 minutes
- While that's happening, pour the can of chilled coconut cream, strawberries, and remaining 1/4 cup almond milk into a blender and blitz away. This will serve as a "frosting"
- Once the "cakes" have cooled down, dunk into the "frosting" and let set.
- Place one cake face-down in a plate and top with a scoop of Vanilla Bean Wink. Place another cake on top. CHOW DOWN!
Serving Size - two cakes with one scoop of Wink
Calories - 298
Fat - 13.3g
Carbs - 42.7g
Fiber - 4.2g
Sugar - 17.9g
Protein - 4.9g