Coconut Lemon Chia Seed Cupcakes
Well, that recipe title is a mouthful itself!
I was craving something super yummy and "decadent" while still being healthy. I saw someone post an image of a really awesome, sugar-filled cupcake on social media the other day, and my mouth quite literally watered. It's totally normal to have cravings for these decadent desserts, but my personal mission is to make them "health-i-fied" and husband-friendly! So, let's get started.
- 3 flax eggs - 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed mixed with 6 tablespoons water
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Stevia
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1/8 teaspoon Stevia
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl, mix together all the wet cupcake ingredients very well. In a separate bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and mix very well.
- Scoop cupcake batter into cupcake-lined tin, and bake for 25 minutes.
- While the cupcakes are baking, make the frosting. Combine all ingredients into a high-powered blender or food processor and process thoroughly. Add additional almond or coconut milk if necessary.
- Once the cupcakes are done baking, let cool completely, then frost with the cashew frosting. Serve with a scoop of Vanilla Bean Wink!
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: Serving size - 1 cupcake (recipe makes 7) with frosting and 1 scoop Wink
Calories - 155
Fat - 10.3g
Carbs - 15.9g
Fiber - 9.9g
Sugar - 1.7g
Protein - 5g