A while ago, we created some Chocolate Almond Mini Cakes, which were divine. We wanted to expand this little recipe to make it more holiday-appropriate. This cake is light and fluffy, from the use of eggs, but is still decadent enough to serve to your guests this holiday season! We will be making some to set on our "Chrismukkah" table this year. Major Plus - it has less than 10 grams of sugar per serving!!!
We enjoyed this cake with a cup of coffee and a scoop of Iced Latte Wink!
- 4 eggs, separated
- 7 ounces dark chocolate
- 2/3 cup Earth Balance
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Separate eggs
- In a double boiler, melt together the chocolate and the Earth Balance. Let cool slightly
- Add the egg yolks into the melted chocolate one at a time. Once incorporated, mix in cacao powder (we used raw cacao powder), almond flour, almond extract, and salt. Stir to combine well
- With a handheld mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Slowly add in the coconut sugar until totally incorporated
- Fold in the egg whites into the dark chocolate batter gently, making sure not to deflate the fluffed up egg whites.
- Pour into a greased cake pan and bake for 35 minutes - make sure not to overbake!
- Enjoy with a scoop of Wink Iced Latte!
Serving Size - 1/12th of cake, with 1 scoop of Iced Latte Wink
Calories - 322
Fat - 25.3g
Carbs - 19.4g
Fiber - 4.2g
Sugar - 9.7g
Protein - 7.8g