Mr. and Mrs. Wink love whipping up these waffles on a lazy Sunday morning. At the office the other day, we were thinking of a way to make these waffles even better. What about chocolate waffles? What about DOUBLE chocolate waffles? Win.
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seed
- 3 teaspoons water
- 1 banana
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- Splash of vanilla
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia
- 2 dark chocolate squares
- Whip out your waffle iron and get it nice and hot.
- First, make the flax egg. Combine the ground flax seed with water and mix. Allow to sit for 3 minutes.
- Pulse 1 cup of rolled oats in a food processor until a fine flour is created. If you have ready-to-use oat flour, disregard this step.
- Mash up the banana in a mixing bowl.
- Add in all other ingredients, including the flax egg and oat flour, and mix well.
- Cook on your waffle iron, according to manufacturer's instructions.
- While the waffles are cooking, create a chocolate sauce by melting some dark chocolate in a double boiler (a heat-proof bowl sitting over a simmering pot of water to melt the chocolate)
- Top the waffles with a scoop of Vanilla Bean Wink and drizzle everything with the melted chocolate.
Serving Size - 2 waffles (1/2 the recipe) + 2 scoops of Wink
Calories - 581
Fat - 23.5g
Carbs - 74.3g
Fiber - 19.8g
Sugar - 5g
Protein - 21g