Today, our Founder & CEO turns another year older. So, what can we make for the man who can't eat anything? A special birthday cake, that's what! This recipe is adapted from Honestly Nourished. We made this cake for a big birthday party, and it was a hit with everyone, especially for the macros!!
We made a two-layer cake, frosting it with a vegan cashew cream frosting. SO GOOD!
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- Scant 1/2 teaspoon stevia
- pinch of salt
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/8th teaspoon stevia
- 2 teaspoons vanilla exract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease two 9-inch cake pans with coconut oil spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together all dry ingredients (the flours, baking soda, baking powder, stevia, & salt) and mix well
- In another bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients (eggs, oil, milk, & vanilla).
- Mix dry into wet, and then mix in 2 tablespoons of sprinkles.
- Spread half the batter (which will be very thick) into each cake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool (can speed up the cooling process by putting cakes into fridge).
- While the cakes are cooling, make the frosting by combining all ingredients into a high-powered blender or food processor and processing thoroughly, adding more almond milk if necessary.
- Once the cakes are cool, spread 1/2 the frosting between the two layers, and top with the remaining frosting. Then, add 1 tablespoon of sprinkles to the top of the cake.
It's so delicious!
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: Serving size 1/16th of cake with cashew frosting
Calories - 280
Fat - 24.5g
Carbs - 9.2g
Fiber - 3.8g
Sugar - 1.9g
Protein - 8.6g