We here at Wink celebrate all the holidays - Christmas, Hanukkah, Rosh Hashana, Easter, Passover, Thanksgiving, President's Day, you name it, we do it. So we don't want to call these cookies Christmas Cookies, because we don't want to leave anyone out. Instead, we are calling these little cuties Winter Cookies. Why? Because it's winter, and it's cold, and we cut these little guys into some adorable non-denominational shapes like a snowman and some snowflakes. I guess in reality they're Holiday Cookies, but that's so played out. Let's make Winter Cookies a thing.
They're low-cal, delightful, and so adorable you could pinch their cheeks! But please don't, because then the cookies would crumble before you got a chance to eat them.
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup room temperature Earth Balance
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 & 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon gluten-free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, mix together the flaxseed and water to create your "egg" substitute
- Cream together the Earth Balance (which has been warmed up at room temperature) and powdered sugar
- Add in the vanilla extract, almond extract, and flax egg. Beat until combined
- In a separate bowl, mix together the gluten free flour and salt. Then, incorporate into the Earth Balance & sugar mixture slowly.
- Knead the dough for a bit after all the ingredients are combined.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least an hour
- When ready, grab that dough out of the refrigerator and knead to make it pliable. Flour your surface, and roll out the dough until it's about 1/4 inch thick.
- Preheat your oven to 400F!
- Grab your favorite cookie cutters and slice into that dough! Place the cookies into parchment paper (we used a silpat baking mat because we're fancy)
- Bake for 6-7 minutes
- If you'd like, make the icing and ice those cookies! We combined 1 cup powdered sugar with 3 teaspoons of almond milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Dunk or brush the cookies with the icing, and add some sprinkles while the icing is still a little wet.
Serving Size - 3 cookies, iced, plus 1 scoop of Wink
Calories - 231
Fat - 9.6g
Carbs - 33.6g
Fiber - 3g
Sugar - 18.1g
Protein - 3.7g