How I long for my youth, with endless amounts of rice cereal treats, smothered in gooey marshmallows... so satisfying, so delicious, and certainly NOT something we should be eating daily. However, with just a few "healthy"-ish tweaks, those rice crispies treats of the past can become a delicious treat in the present. We kicked it up a notch by making our rice cereal treats into a yummy ice cream sandwich.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 bag vegan marshmallows (we love Dandie's)
- 5 cups puffed brown rice cereal
- 1 pint Wink Frozen Desserts Vanilla Bean
- In a large ceramic pot, melt together the marshmallows and coconut oil, until totally melted and uniform in texture. Be careful not to burn the bottom of the marshmallows!
- In a large bowl, mix together the brown rice cereal and the melted 'mallows. Use your hands if need be.
- In a medium-to-large baking dish, spread out 1/2 of the mixture. Top with 1 pint of Wink, and spread evenly. Then, top Wink with the remaining mixture. You've just created your sandwich!
- Freeze for 3+ hours.
Serving size: 1 2inch Square
Calories - 190
Fat - 7.5g
Carbs - 28.5g
Sugar - 15.9g
Fiber - 0.6g
Protein - 1.4g