To fend off those Monday blues, I found a recipe for a healthy, gluten-free and dairy-free cinnamon bun mug cake, courtesy of Health. I immediately thought that it would pair perfectly with our Cinnamon Bun Wink; and boy, was I right!! These two are a match made in heaven!
This particular recipe called for maple syrup, but I wanted to keep it 100% sugar-free and low in carbs to avoid a carb-bomb right before bed. So, I just increased the amount of almond milk I used in the recipe, and replaced the maple syrup with 1/4th teaspoon of Stevia. After that quick replacement, this recipe ended up having only 6.3 grams of net carbs, and less than 1 gram of sugar!! Win!!! I will definitely be repeating this recipe any morning that I'm craving some Cinnamon Buns!!
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia
- Pinch of salt
- Sprinkle of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons room temperature unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large beaten egg
- In a large microwave-safe mug, mix together all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut oil, milk, and vanilla.
- Add the coconut oil, milk, and vanilla to the mug with the dry ingredients, and mix well.
- Then, add in the beaten egg and mix well
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds to "bake" the cake!
- Top with 1 scoop of Cinnamon Bun Wink and an extra sprinkling of cinnamon.
Serving Size - 1 mug cake (whole recipe) plus 1 scoop Cinnamon Bun Wink
Calories - 375
Fat - 33.3g
Carbs - 9.1g
Fiber - 2.8g
Sugar - 0.2g
Protein - 12.9g (!!!)