Low-Carb Chocolate Hazelnut Spread!
In honor of "National Nutella Day", we wanted to re-create chocolate hazelnut spread in a Wink-friendly way. Although we adore the original, we think this version is EVEN BETTER.
It's so very rich, just from the dry roasted hazelnuts which are bursting with delicious flavor. It's super chocolatey - using raw cacao powder really adds a much more intense chocolate flavor than using regular cocoa powder. Plus, it's low-carb, sugar-free AND dairy-free!! Win-Win-Win!
- 1 cup dry roasted unsalted hazelnut
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder, preferably organic
- 1/4 teaspoon Stevia
Directions: It honestly could NOT be easier -
- In a food processor, start pulsing the hazelnuts until they form a fine powder
- Then, add in the raw cacao powder and the stevia
- Blend until it forms a smooth paste. NOTE: this might take a few minutes and it might look like it's never going to get there, but eventually the oils in the nuts will release and you'll have your super smooth spread.
- Top a couple of scoops of Wink with the spread and indulge guilt-free!
Serving size - 1 scoop of Wink topped with 1 tablespoon of Sugarless Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
Calories - 75
Fat - 4.6g
Carbs - 5.4g
Fiber - 2.0g
Sugar - 0.2g
Protein - 3.2g