Not many things scream "springtime" as Carrot Cake does. We're making this carrot cake in honor of all things Spring - flowers, carrots, healthy eating, and Mother's Day. This cake was a huge hit with vegans, and non-vegans alike. Let us know if you try this recipe out for your family this Mother's Day.
- 3 flax eggs - 3 tablespoons flax, 1/4 cup hot water
- 1.5 cups gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 chopped walnuts
- 1 cup soaked cashews (preferably soaked overnight)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/8th teaspoon stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, make the flax "eggs" by soaking the flax with hot water for 5-10 minutes
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flax egg, coconut sugar, coconut oil, almond milk, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix.
- Finally, add in the carrots and walnuts to the batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased cake pan and bake for 30 minutes. While it's baking, make the frosting!
- In a high powered blender or food processor, blend together all the frosting ingredients, gradually adding the almond milk until you get the consistency you desire.
- Once the cake is finished cooking and has cooled completely (can stick in the fridge for a bit), frost with our cashew frosting! Serve immediately with a couple of scoops of Cinnamon Bun Wink!
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: 1/16th of Cake with 1 scoop Wink
Calories - 223
Fat - 13.7g
Carbs - 22g
Fiber - 3.3g
Sugar - 7.1g
Protein - 5.4g