As you saw in our previous recopies, Mrs. Wink likes to personally make anything and everything possible. She loves homemade almond milk, homemade chocolate sauce (aka melted chocolate) and homemade waffles. When contemplating her next recipe concoction, she was enjoying a dairy-free parfait sprinkled with her homemade granola, and said "Eureka! That's "parfait!"
Here's the recipe for an "ice cream" parfait layered with some soul-warming homemade granola.
- 2 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (or nut butter of your choice - cashew would be great!)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 banana
- Strawberry Cheesecake Wink
Directions for the granola:
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix together the honey and almond butter
- Warm up in the microwave or over a pot of simmering water (in a double boiler) to melt the two together
- Add in the chia and hemp to the honey and nut butter mixture, making sure it's very well combined
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats and the honey/almond butter mixture, mixing VERY WELL! Get your hands dirty if you want!
- In a greased pan, spread out the granola evenly
- Pop into the oven for a total of 15 minutes, flipping the granola over after 10 minutes.
Assemble your Wink Parfait -
- Add 2 scoops of Strawberry Cheesecake Wink into your favorite glass.
- Top with a banana and with some of the granola. Enjoy!
Serving Size - 1 parfait
Calories - 302
Fat - 10.1g
Carbs - 49.7g
Fiber - 8.3g
Sugar - 10.2g
Protein - 8.6g